Senior Python Developer
Remote job description
Company: Spekit (Founded in 2018)
Funding to date: $15M (Series A stage)
Position: Python Developer (Senior level preferred) for our new US based Backend team. Current engineering team is mostly located off shore.
Comp: $130-$180K (dependent on experience level) + attractive early stage equity
Tech stack: Python, Django, Redis, RabbitMQ, Git, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Linux etc
Location: Remote anywhere in the US or Canada
About the Role:
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing fully distributed team! Our tremendous growth requires engineers who can quickly integrate, build and test code, and who can collaborate with the broader team on architectural design, technical debt and the overall development process. Spekit is an engineering and product-focused company. As a technical leader, you'll mentor other team members, develop features end-to-end, and support systems in production.
At Spekit, we have a hard working, diverse, and supportive team and we look for Engineers who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. If you're a do-er who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to be a foundational member of a growing high-tech company, we'd love to hear from you!
Technologies we embrace:
- Python & Django
What we're ideally looking for in you:
- You are strong in computer science principles, resource-based restful API design, and translating the business goals into relational data modeling. We celebrate those who can write clean, effective code. If you're interested in learning new things, we're interested in teaching you.
- You have 5+ years in software development
- You have excellent software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- You have a Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or similar technical related field
- You enjoy working in an Agile development environment and taking initiatives in improving systems both for our teams as well as users
- You're deeply mission driven and are constantly motivated by the challenge of solving big problems
- You are excited to develop a product that end users LOVE to use on a day to day basis
About the Team:
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We've committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo.
As a distributed engineering team, we are enthusiastic about the future of work where employees can own their schedule and balance work with a healthy happy lifestyle. We optimise for having clear schedules to focus on getting work done, and balance the need for creative problem solving discovery and human interaction by hosting bi-annual goal-setting retreats for all team members at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado. This is not mandatory for fully remote engineers but encouraged if it's possible.Summary
Company name: Spekit
Remote job title: Senior Python Developer - Spekit - High Growth Series A Startup at Spekit (allows remote)
Job tags: python, django, redis, elasticsearch, postgresql