Senior Python Backend Engineer
Remote job description
Geomagical Labs is building augmented reality tools for home decoration and improvement. We use the power of modern computer vision and AI techniques to create delightful experiences for a well-known and beloved global brand, with hundreds of millions of users.
We have an opening for a high-impact Python backend engineer who is excited to help organize and lead a team to build cloud services, APIs, data pipelines and tools for mass-scale, AI-powered, consumer apps. This could be a great opportunity for an ambitious, hands-on, backend engineer with strong systems architecture skills and interests in mass-scale platforms, backend infrastructure, performance engineering, and machine learning.
- Organize and lead a small team of backend platform engineers --- guiding the architecture, planning & tracking the teams projects and defining roadmaps.
- Design and develop reliable and high-performance backend APIs to power our customer facing services.
- Create internal applications and tools to support the companys engineering teams
- Benchmark and optimize performance of key APIs, microservices, and databases.
- Build infrastructure to measure, monitor, and enhance our real-time AI and service pipelines and key business analytics.
- Mentor and develop engineers within the Platform Engineering team as well as serving as an engineering bar-raiser across company-wide engineering organizations.
- Interface with other teams in the IKEA family to integrate our capabilities into new IKEA websites and services.
- Excellent health and retirement benefits. Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Strong people-first culture with generous PTO, a focus on improving each other, and an actively shaped team culture to ensure a happy and healthy working environment for all.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic R&D team of successful serial entrepreneurs, software developers, computer vision, AI researchers, and graphics engineers.
- Headquarters located in downtown Mountain View, California --- an easy walk from restaurants, coffee, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail.
- Location is flexible - you are able to work from any location, as long as you have reliable internet access and can work most hours of a Pacific Time work day (UTC-7/8).
Senior Python Backend Engineer at Geomagical Labs (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
Tags: lead, backend, python, gcp