Senior PHP Developer
Remote job description
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We've helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world's top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We're a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We work to bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with 'good enough', are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
Our Engineering team is searching for an enthusiastic and dedicated Senior PHP Developer who is looking for a long-term relationship alongside other committed team members. This person will join the Engineering team, which builds software that facilitates just about every aspect of buying and selling custom apparel online with our no-inventory campaign-based model. Our UX-heavy modules include our self-service merchandise design tool and campaign/store setup flows which dovetail into our highly trafficked campaign pages & checkout flows. They also build for the supply chain & logistics side of our business with portals and services that serve admin, pre-production, design and fulfillment needs.
This person will report to the Director of Engineering.
All Bonfire team members are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart: Curiosity, Cooperation, Ingenuity, Inclusion, Altruism, & Impact.
nclude but are not limited to:
- Implementing new features, fixing bugs, and improving and refactoring code
- Many tasks are not strictly web related and may challenge you in other ways (e.g. data analytics, network communication, database optimization, etc.).
- You will have a lot of independence and agency while working, but you will communicate with other colleagues daily and often work with them directly to solve coding issues.
- Fluent English. This is imperative.
- You can work on a feature from start to finish, communicate about it and ask the right questions.
- You are comfortable with PHP and can confidently write code and see it deployed to production servers.
- You have 5+ years of experience with PHP and over 20 successful projects/websites.
- SQL comes naturally to you and you understand how databases work.
- You are bold and not afraid to SSH into a server and change some configuration files.
Why work at Bonfire?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they'd use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that's trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Company name: Bonfire
Remote job title: Senior PHP Developer
Job tags: PHP, BACK-END PROGRAMMING