Senior iOS Engineer, Frameworks & Tools
Remote job description
About This Role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you're an athlete, and Strava's mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day!
Our engineering organization is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior iOS engineer to join our Frameworks and Tools team. As an iOS engineer on this team, you will be involved in the design and implementation of common client capabilities, build tooling, and automation infrastructure used across the Strava engineering organization. You will work closely with our cross-functional product teams to ensure our technology is able to address real athlete problems while being reliable and performant.
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava's core technologies and your role in developing them. For more on Strava's engineering team check out the Engineering Blog. It covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to personal perspectives on what it's like to be an engineer at Strava.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Create the best possible developer experience for mobile engineers by using your knowledge of Swift and ensuring our tools are effective, efficient and easy to use.
- Help define the future of the iOS app at Strava.
- Create capabilities used to deliver features for tens of millions of athletes.
You will be successful here by:
- Collaborating with other engineers to build, optimize and maintain our CI/CD systems
- Prioritizing incoming requests from other developers and understanding how different requests align with business opportunities.
- Mentoring other engineers and providing technical leadership to the team through forums like tech talks.
- Working with other engineers to build, support, and maintain common client capabilities to improve Strava's native client platform.
- Using your in-depth knowledge of all things iOS to help drive technical conversations with peers from different backgrounds, across different teams.
We're excited about you because you:
- Have built iOS applications in a production environment using Swift and Objective C.
- Have developed scalable and performant core build infrastructure that supports many teams.
- Stay up to date and experiment with the latest iOS technologies.
- Have experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Have experience using Docker.
- Can collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers in order to ship projects.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. And just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community ?" we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Senior iOS Engineer, Frameworks & Tools
Job tags: mobile, Developer Experience, iOS Development