Senior Fullstack Engineer
Remote job description
Welcome to Revieve!
The beauty industry is going through a massive transformation. As the concept of beauty is shifting toward a holistic definition beyond the mere outer appearance, consumers are expecting a personalized approach from their favorite brands and retailers - this is where Revieve comes in.
We help the world's leading brands and retailers offer personalized digital brand experiences built upon AI/AR across the most personal verticals: beauty, wellness, and health. The core of our tech is our "Mobile Skin Diagnostics'' - a proprietary computer-vision technology which analyzes the user's facial features. Our customers, such as A.S. Watson, Shiseido, No7, to name a few, are spread across four continents and represent 25 countries!
Core specs of the role:
- Senior, independent contributor role
- Full-time position
- Remote location, flexible within +/- 3 hours CET
Here's how you will make an impact:
To help evolve our product offering, we're looking for Senior Fullstack Engineers with a focus on frontend web and mobile projects developed in React/React Native or backend projects using nodejs. We're looking for someone passionate, who has an aptitude and desire towards learning, and who's above all not afraid of technical challenges!
Working as a key member of our technology team, you'll be responsible for implementing important new features of high quality and usability that will be used globally by millions of online and offline consumers.
You'll be using exciting new technologies like React, Redux, ES6, typescript, Node, Docker, Mongo, Python and many many more.
What you will be working on:
- Creating highly dynamic and config-driven user interfaces
- Designing and implementing scalable and fault tolerant APIs
- Developing augmented reality experiences like virtual try-on for makeup
- Taking technical decisions and owning them, building for scale
- Creating detailed internal documentation for the projects you work on
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving our ways of working
- Getting involved and participating in the lifecycle of our product, collaborating closely with devops, product and design departments.
These skills will help you succeed:
Note! You don't need to have the full stack of these skills but a representative share of them:
- Experience delivering modern, performant and beautiful applications for the web, ideally with React
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems, ideally with Node.js
- Enthusiasm for building products, having our end users always in mind
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where things might change rapidly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for clean, maintainable, well-tested code
- Solid understanding of version control (git workflow), testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Confidence in creating and maintaining concise developer documentation
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process
- Responsibility and confidence to work in a very autonomous environment
- Extra points for: React Native, Mobile development, Node.js, GraphQL, Parse Server, Deep learning, AR, computer vision and Kubernetes
What's in it for you:
- Flexible working hours
- A supportive network of other senior developers to help you, and to learn from
- Opportunity to have real impact building and improving Revieve's product offering
- Opportunity to strengthen or build up your skills in a wide array of modern technologies
- Extended network of colleagues around the globe
- Personal budget for skill development and well-being
- Personal budget for equipment
- Full-time role, with an opportunity to work remotely
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation (five weeks/ year and ten local holidays)
- Paid parental leave
Meet our tech team:
We are a community of 20 talents led by our CTO Samuli, one of the founders and a laid-back, down-to-earth guy. You could call Valencia our home base but actually, we are spread all over Europe. While we are all experts in our respective fields from UX to Fullstack and Computer Vision and therefore, work quite independently following the agile principles, we do make time for building personal connections through the professional code reviews and by having a laugh together virtually or over beers face-to-face.
Our Fullstack team is highly autonomous. We prefer an agile and asynchronous way of working and are organized in 2 weeks sprints with a mid-check-in. Things we value most are trust, ownership, flexibility, and growth (both personal and professional).
What you can expect in the recruitment:
- Step 1: Getting to know each other a bit better over the phone
- Step 2: Fun and short assignment
- Step 3: Technical Interview with our Fullstack Lead
- Step 4: Meet our CTO and let's agree on the details!
This is us:
We are a mix of 60+ people from different professional backgrounds representing 26 nationalities spread across four continents and eight time zones. What connects us is a growth mindset, the sense of taking ownership and proactive action, as well as the values of autonomy and flexibility. We relish in our growth environment that challenges us to take on new responsibilities and find creative solutions to the problems we face. We have the freedom and trust to do our jobs as we best see fit, so long as we keep our promises and the deadlines.
Joining us, you'll be part of a fast-paced environment where we get stuff done but have a life outside the office as well.
Intrigued? We look forward to hearing from you!
Company name: Revieve Oy
Remote job title: Senior Fullstack Engineer at Revieve Oy () (allows remote)
Job tags: react, node.js, agile