Senior Fullstack Engineer
At Linear, we are creating software for teams who want to build high quality products. Quality of software is driven by both the talent of its creators and how they feel while they're crafting it. Teams that have the time and energy to be focused on the work itself can build magical, high quality software. Our tools and practices need to do their best to nurture this, not take it away. To bring back the right focus, these are the foundational ideas Linear is built on - The Linear Method.
Our founders Tuomas, Karri, and Jori started this journey in 2019 and have designed, delivered and scaled software at some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world — Uber, Airbnb, and Coinbase. We are a remote-first company with a team of 9 based in the USA and EU and we're looking to hire great people who are based in US/EU or equivalent timezones. We raised Series A funding in December 2020 lead by Sequoia Capital and have investment support and advisement from industry leaders including Dick Costolo (Managing Partner, 01 Advisors|Former CEO, Twitter) Dylan Field (CEO, Figma), and Patrick Collison (CEO, Stripe).
What you'll do:
- Building new user-facing features with everything from database models to GraphQL resolvers and UI components
- Optimizing our data synchronization stack by applying better serialization protocols
- Adding real-time collaborative editing to our content editor
- Improving performance by profiling and tweaking virtualized list rendering
- Adding analytics, monitoring, and alerts to our service so that we can better respond to operational incidents
- Open-sourcing any non-trivial innovations that come out of our work on the product
- Redefining best-in-class software development processes so that we can build an opinionated product
- React frontend with Styled Components, utilizing hooks for the composability of functionality
- Proprietary data synchronization library built for speed and offline support. Delta-packets are transported using WebSockets
- MobX for binding the data model to the UI
- Prosemirror-based content editor
- Electron desktop application
- Public GraphQL API that has access to all of the user's data
- Node, Postgres and Redis in the backend
- Hosted on Google Cloud with k8s
- GitHub, Slack, Notion
- Design system with React component library
- Learn more about the technology behind our data syncing engine from a talk by our co-founder Tuomas.
We care deeply about design. For us, it's both how it works and how it looks. At its core, Linear is a developer tool where speed, interactions, and small details matter. We are designing it to be highly functional, yet minimalistic and delightful.
Senior Fullstack Engineer