Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Analytics
Remote job description
A bit about us
Lever's vision is connecting human potential to meaningful work. Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software. As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
We are proud of the company we've built so far, but we are even more excited for what is yet to come. Our 5000+ customers include global leaders, startups that are disrupting industries, and businesses around the world. Lever has raised $123 million in funding, most recently a $50M Series D in November 2021.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We have been certified as a "Great Place to Work", along with "Best Company Outlook 2022," and "Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022," and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever's biggest competitive advantage. For more information on our team culture, visit https://inside.lever.co/.
Lever Talent Intelligence, Lever's advanced analytics application, is built on top of Tableau Server. Our next generation of reporting features is built on the Looker platform. We are in the process of translating and improving on what we have in Tableau into Looker to enable a smooth transition for customers. At the end of this process, we will sunset our Tableau Server and consolidate our analytics features into Looker.
This is where you come in. You will help evolve Lever's analytics features to help Lever's customers recruit more efficiently and more predictably. This position will focus on our Looker integration while helping maintain our Tableau Server integration.
As an engineer on the Analytics team, you will be able to help build the next generation of talent analytics at Lever. You will have the chance to work directly with experienced data analysts and reporting ETL engineers to provide a best-in-class analytics solution. Lever wants to set the analytics standard for recruiting, you help us establish that standard.
As part of your daily work, you will have the opportunity to build expertise in multiple Business Intelligence tools. You will be able to exercise and strengthen your automation and efficiency skills. You will learn about state of the art data infrastructure like Kafka and Snowflake. You will be on the team building the best-in-class talent analytics suite.
Lever's reporting engineering team combines ETL engineers, data analysts, designers, and product managers to build, define, and design analytics products for customers. You will join the team as a software engineer building and maintaining advanced analytics products for Lever's customers.
You will collaborate closely with the ETL engineers to build software that makes our Business Intelligence tools more efficient. You will work closely with the Data Analysts and Talent Analytics Consultants who build dashboards and other data related content for customers. You will consult and help guide a product and design team that strives to build features to connect human potential to meaningful work.
The skill set
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- An understanding or strong desire to learn Business Intelligence tools, like Looker, and the problems they solve
- Knowledge of Looker is a plus, a desire to learn Looker is a must
- A desire to teach others with the communication skills needed to effectively share knowledge
- Empathy for users within Lever and the Lever customer
Within 1 month, you'll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team
- Learn about the technology behind Lever Talent Intelligence, Data Warehouse Sync, and Visual Insights
- Meet internal users of Business Intelligence tools
Within 3 months, you'll
- Learn about Looker's feature set and how they map to Tableau's
- Help design automated data quality tests for custom analytics
- Participate in Lever's analytics product development process and ship your first feature to customers.
- Engage in your first on-call rotation in analytics to help diagnose and resolve production problems and customer issues.
Within 6 months, you'll
- Build a framework for writing automated data quality tests
- Support the migration from Tableau Server to Looker by adding additional automation
- Customize Looker with new visualizations to improve customer experience
- Contribute to the long-term roadmap of the analytics team
Within 12 months, you'll
- Improve performance of Looker calculations with pre-calculated aggregations
- Contribute public Lever data to the Looker Marketplace
- Automate continuous data quality testing
- Is this role not an exact fit?
- Sign up to stay in touch, we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
The Lever story
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The Lever Hire and Lever Nurture features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of more than 5,000 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielsen. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co/.
Company name: Lever
Remote job title: Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Analytics
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, recruitment