Senior Full Stack Engineer, Tools Team
Remote job description
Who we are:
Chartboost is the leading in-app monetization and programmatic advertising platform. We reach a global audience of over 700 million monthly active users and process over 90 billion monthly advertising auctions. The Chartboost SDK is one the most widely integrated mobile ad SDKs and through the Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, DSP and other services, we empower mobile app developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences.
We are looking for a full stack engineer to join our DSP team, one of the most exciting and important products within Chartboost. The entire DSP team has three main components, data science, the bid path and the platform. This role is focused on all things platform, everything from API's that power all of our micro services and tools to an internal dashboard that allows teams at Chartboost to run our DSP.
We are a new team at Chartboost, we work very closely together across all three areas, lots of collaboration, discussion and continuously have a wide range of challenges, everything from building lots and lots of features for a fairly complex business to dealing with very high throughput, challenging data problems and a costly suite of infrastructure.
Impact you will make:
- Own a full suite of REST API's that manage our data model layer, implemented in Python/Flash and powered by a MySQL backend
- Build and maintain an internal React dashboard that lets our Ad Ops and Business Team do campaign and creative management
- Own a suite of event API's that track all sorts of interactions with our ads, views, clicks, placements, etc.
- Maintain a variety of real time tracking systems, primarily backed by MySQL and Caching Layers (Redis, Memcache) that support internal monitoring and budget calculations.
- Build internal tools and scripts for the DSP that allow us to run and maintain our DSP
- Build and maintain an internal data segmentation system that connects with our Data Warehouse (BigQuery), our Device Graph (BigTable) and runs daily.
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience building production systems using a number of languages including Python
- Experience working with distributed systems
- You are experienced with software development in high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems
- You have experience working with Agile development
Bonus to have:
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Bigtable, etc)
- You have worked with Distributed Messaging services, like Kafka
- Strong skills in Data engineering
- Experience managing Cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP)
- Familiarity with Git and/or Bitbucket
- Ad Tech experience is a plus
- The opportunity to help continue to build a company with the founding team
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) - you will have a stake in the future success of Chartboost and Zynga
- The chance to participate in Zynga's employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with match through Fidelity
- Catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens
- Commuter Program
- Flex Vacation ?" personal time to refresh your mind/body/soul, spend time with loved ones and celebrate life events. There is no accrual or specific limit to the amount of time an employee may use
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
We are an equal opportunity employer ?" we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and make our hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
California Residents, please review the Chartboost California Employment Candidate Privacy Notice before submitting any personal information.
Company name: Chartboost
Remote job title: Senior Full Stack Engineer, Tools Team
Job tags: Cloud Infrastructure, MongoDB, GCP