Senior Full Stack Engineer
Remote job description
This is a fully remote position and we're considering candidates in the Americas Eastern Time zones.
About the Grafana Partnerships Team:
Our mission on the Grafana Cloud Partnerships Team is to build capabilities and functionality for Grafana allowing our Cloud partners to operate, administer and manage their Grafana deployments so that they can scale to infinity. The daily work often spans both open source and proprietary code.
Our culture is one of remote-first and we build our teams to have a large overlap of working hours. Our teams also plan in-person team building meet-ups and also gather to attend industry conferences (about 2 meet ups per year).
What you'll work on:
The team focuses on delivering functionality requests from all of our cloud partnerships (internal and external), fixing bugs, and helping Support & Sales Engineering teams. We regularly do product research together with the UX, product team and meet with customers. We work across multiple domains within Grafana, depending on the requests from our customers.
What we are looking for:
At Grafana Labs we value diverse perspectives, it's one of our core values. The list below are qualities we also value but it is not an exhaustive list. Please do not feel that you need to check all the boxes below. We welcome individuals of various backgrounds and believe that this diverse mindset makes us stronger. Our team is mostly a full stack development team, however we have some experts that work primarily on the frontend or backend.
A few of some of the things we think would be a good fit for someone who:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company and understand the importance of communication.
- You enjoy learning, growing, and supporting others to do the same.
- Enjoys taking projects from conception to production and beyond. You'll be working with other engineers, product designers and managers very closely, ability and desire on leading projects involving many stakeholders is highly appreciated. An ideal candidate would enjoy driving initiatives on their own.
- You enjoy working as a team. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful.
- You are Interested in working directly and indirectly with customers. Our customers interact with Grafana every day, they are at the forefront of what we do in the team and provide invaluable input. A strong candidate for this role would be interested in joining discussions with our customers and partnership teams, supporting them with their issues and looping back information to the team.
- You care a lot about quality and security. Quality and security of the Grafana is at the core of what we do. Values a generalist approach to problems. While we are specializing in what we do, there are a lot of opportunities to contribute outside of your main expertise area.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the community is a day-to-day thing for us. You are able to communicate the design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You understand the implications of technical decisions, how they'll affect the codebase and the team.
A selection of projects we're currently working on:
- Public Dashboards
- AWS Secrets Manager Integration (to be released)
- AWS Marketplace for Grafana Enterprise
- Azure Managed Grafana Launch
- RBAC for Annotations
A selection of tools and languages we use:
- A selection of tools and technologies we use now:
- We primarily work with React and TypeScript for the front end and Go for the backend but we are happy to consider candidates with other backgrounds
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite are the main databases we support.
- We work on problems in the observability place in general (metrics, logging, tracing, monitoring, alerting).
- NB: this role is for candidates with the ability to hit the ground running - ideally you will have 3 years of commercial experience
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Senior Full Stack Engineer
Job tags: MySQL, React, databases