Senior Frontend Engineer , UK Based
Remote job description
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the "Tech and Data" teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
The driving force behind the world's leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
Day to Day, this role will include:
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Supporting our production systems
- Mentoring more junior frontend engineers within the team
This role requires someone who has:
- Hands on experience with React in a senior engineer role is key for this position
- Knowledge of other languages and paradigms is a plus
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Good understanding of distributed systems and architectures
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- Proven experience mentoring/leading less experienced engineers
- Collaboration - Engagement with the InfoSec team and other stakeholders, comfortable doing this remotely.
- Why should you join us?
- We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners, to us and to you.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let's build the incredible.
- It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly, this position is available to be remote within the UK.
Company: Funding Circle
Job title: Senior Frontend Engineer - Remote, UK Based
Job tags: fintech, lending, marketplace, smb