Senior Frontend Engineer
Remote job description
About the Role:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Papaya, you will join our growing team on our mission to alleviate the stress and anxiety around paying bills. You will contribute to new offerings and core products to improve user experience, develop new features, and drive outcomes for major business goals. You will work closely with fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders on projects with heavy frontend development needs.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
Remote engineers within Latin America are welcome to apply.
What you will do:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems
- Write well designed, testable and reliable backend and frontend code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
- Build against and participate in designing internal APIs for Papaya front-ends
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience on great engineering teams
- Flexibility; you can seamlessly switch gears between cranking out prototypes and carefully architecting systems for correctness, reliability and security
- Best practices; you're technologically flexible, and can choose the best tools for the job
- Experience in frontend development across many browsers and devices a major plus
- Experience in FinTech a plus
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We've adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya's team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you'll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020 and 2021! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.
Company name: Papaya
Remote job title: Senior Frontend Engineer
Job tags: Frontend Web Development, Financial technology