Senior Frontend Engineer
Polar App, Inc.
Remote job description
We at Polar are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team as soon as possible. We are a team of two founders with previous experience in startups, tech, and growth. We are looking for someone with strong frontend experience and preferably previous startup experience. Compensation is competitive and a mix of cash and equity. See details below
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in frontend development, a fullstack interest, and preferably some AI experience. Specifically:
- Decent understanding of developing on phone, mobile, and desktop
- Understanding of web browser internals and modern APIs (service workers, PWAs, offline, etc)
- Experience with Typescript and Firebase preferred
- Experience with PDFs or EPUBs big plus
- Strong preference for previous startup experience
- Analytical thinking. Deep respect for the scientific method and objective data analysis
- Preferred location: worldwide with preference for Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Spain, Eastern Europe, Egypt
- Fluent English required
You are one of our first hires and we want you to become an integral part of the startup in the long-term. We strongly respect your work life balance but we are looking for someone who is passionate about the product and role, not just another 9-5 job. We want someone whose incentives are aligned with ours and who is as passionate about building an early stage startup as we are.
Your compensation package will be a mix of cash and equity - with the exact split depending on your experience and your personal preference.
We are a team of two founders with over 35 years of combined experience in startups, tech, growth, and business.
- Kevin is founder and focused on development and product. He recently sold his last startup. Polar is his fourth startup. He is also one of the inventors of RSS
- Jonathan is founder and focused on product and growth. He received his PhD from Yale and worked at BCG (management consulting) for five years before founding Polar Our broader team is located on four continents
The startup is officially located in San Francisco but we are all remote. Your location is of secondary importance but we do need at least 4-5 hours of overlap to work effectively with you.
We aim to build a very relaxed company culture and are implementing various methods from our previous experiences in startups and consulting for that.
If you're interested, please reach out to us at email@example.com with your resume, LinkedIn, and github. Please also add a few summary sentences about you and your interest in Polar.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, and are hiring on a rolling basis. We're looking forward to your application!Summary
Polar App, Inc.
Senior Frontend engineer