Senior Front End Vue.js Engineer
Remote job description
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
OCTO (Office of the CTO) is a team at Kong working directly with the CTO that has the privilege to build features and products that keep Kong relevant in the years to come without being bound to the engineering and customer roadmaps. As an OCTO Front End engineer you will be working on forward-thinking and exciting features with a strong focus on innovation. You will be responsible for keeping Kong relevant in the future, discovering and producing cutting edge industry trends and use-cases. Since working in uncharted territories requires constant feedback, you will work with early users and customers to gather that feedback and iterate on solutions. Whenever something OCTO builds becomes very successful we know it's time to hand it off to the engineering team to make it part of the roadmap. As such, you will get to work with other teams at Kong in order to integrate your work into the public product offering.
- Why should you want to work at Kong?
- Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
- Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - "We are the Cisco of L4 and L7" - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
- Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
- Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
- Kong Named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What You'll Be Doing
- Work on innovative, cutting edge, features and products focusing on the end-user frontend experience
- Show passion and determination to always be up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Introduce new frontend features and functionality to Kong and new products
- Build new innovative products that extend Kong's offering, and take a hands-on approach at every stage of the process, including UX/UI mockups, frontend code design and implementation
- Collect feedback from early adopters of the products/features OCTO is building to improve our work
- When needed, make yourself available to other functions at Kong - like marketing, sales and customer success - in order to enable them to market, sell and support the features and products we are building
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of development experience with Vue.js
- Knowledge of modern development tools, like Git
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience in consuming and designing RESTful APIs
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today's developers build tomorrow's technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we're relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That's why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That's why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we're looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong's service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Company name: Kong
Remote job title: Senior Front End Vue.js Engineer
Job tags: open-source, api, dev ops / tech ops, infrastructure, software, saas