Senior Field Engineer
Remote job description
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Love to innovate? This is an exciting opportunity to join a technology startup in a high growth phase. The Field Engineering team works closely with our Presales Solution Engineering team, as well as Product and Marketing, to ensure the SE's have the tools, collateral, enablement and experts they need to close business. If you've ever served in a Technical Presales role for a software company, you know just how much knowledge you are expected to have, demos you need to show at the drop of a hat, workshops you need to execute on, etc. The Field Engineering team maintains the backend systems, content creation and deep subject matter expertise that enables the Solution Engineering team to scale and focus on direct customer selling, community building, learning, and other adoption and revenue focused activities.
As a Field Engineer, your primary customer is the Presales Solution Engineering team. Ideally you will be someone who has served in a presales role before and as such, will have a deep understanding of what it takes to be successful in that role. You will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering Technical presentations and whitepapers, Product demonstrations and Product workshops to the SE's for them to deliver to prospects/customers and the community. Building these will require you to work across departments, often engaging with Product Management and Marketing, Engineering and our Customer Experience teams. You will also become a SME on one or more of our products enabling you to assist the field with deep dive technical meetings, large strategic POV's, blogs, webinars and more.
- 5+ years of technical experience, serving as a Developer, Architect and/or successful presales Solution Architect. OSS selling experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding of at least two to three of the technologies in the Observability space, eg. Grafana, Loki, Prometheus, Tempo, Elastic, Splunk, Datadog, etc.
- Comfortable with at least one modern programming language.
- Understanding of the modern software development lifecycle, including debugging, investigation.
- Working familiarity with Linux, including common tools.
- Should be able to Architect a Modern application on one of the primary cloud providers (AWS, Azure or GCP), including IAC tools such as Terraform, understand the tradeoffs between build vs buy, the technologies that you would make up that architecture like Kubernetes, Docker, Serverless, Microservices and many more.
- Experience building and delivering technical content for technical audiences. This includes Workshops, Demos, Decks, Webinars, Videos etc.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Senior Field Engineer
Job tags: Terraform, Webinars, SOA/Microservices