Senior Counsel, Employment
Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition combines cybersecurity and insurance to help organizations prevent digital risk before it strikes. Coalition's Active Insurance policies combine traditional coverage with a digital risk assessment and monitoring technology to help small and medium-sized businesses protect themselves in today's hyper-connected world.
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd's of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America, Today, Coalition is one of the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.'s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company's most innovative companies for 2022.
About the Role
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States.
This position will report to the Assistant General Counsel and be responsible for providing advice to the People (HR) and Talent teams and senior company executives in all areas of employment law, policy, development, and training on a global basis. The attorney will function as a key strategic advisor to the People and Talent teams and partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strategies, policies, and procedures to align with emerging legal and regulatory requirements in the employment arena.
- Provide advice and counsel on employment law issues including hiring, discipline, terminations, pay and benefits.
- Review, draft, and develop Human Resources policies and procedures domestically and internationally.
- Lead or provide advice on internal investigations. Recommend and help implement appropriate actions.
- Defend employment related claims, including managing outside counsel in litigation globally and responding to administrative claims from governmental agencies.
- Review and provide input on policies, procedures and specific cases which are impacted by legislation such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA, state Worker's Compensation and Employment discrimination laws.
- Negotiate, draft, and review a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school; must be licensed to practice law and be in good standing in at least one state.
- Expertise in employment law, both in compliance and dispute resolution matters; in-house and/or international experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and advocacy skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to being a legal business and thought partner to internal clients, serving as a trusted team member across all functions with professionalism and integrity.
- Strong competency in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects and competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Adaptability and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- At least 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition's individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $167,000 - $258,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
We're a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company's Annual List of of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For any questions regarding CCPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Senior Counsel, Employment
location or timezone
yearly salary range$167,000 - 258,000
posted54 days ago