Senior Backend Software Engineer Java/Scala, API, AWS/GCP
Remote job description
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Do you have exceptionally good coding skills with Java or Scala? Do you have good experience with cloud and API design and development? Then you could be Lookout's Sr. Backend Software Engineer with ability to remote work remotely.
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building the next generation Identity Platform for users, service and mobile devices.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of large scale, low latency microservices, within the platform, including solving complex issues at scale.
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- You will work extensively with Identity and access management protocols (OAuth, SAML etc) as well as key Enterprise focused microservices at Lookout.
- You will work on microservices built with Scala, Java and Ruby, on the AWS and GCP Cloud.
What we're looking for:
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
- Experience with API services
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- We believe in a culture of transparency and teamwork and we welcome like minded contributors.
- A fun and positive attitude.
- Experience with Cryptography.
- Experience with scalable stores like Google Spanner, Big Table, Big Query, CloudSQL, DynamoDB, Aurora, etc.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Kubernetes, container technology (Docker, ECS, EKS).
Company name: Lookout
Remote job title: Senior Backend Software Engineer Java/Scala, API, AWS/GCP
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, licensing, communications, enterprise, mobile, security, software