Senior Backend Software Engineer
Remote job description
As a Software Engineer on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly to the detection engines, analysis systems, and other core intellectual property at Lookout. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the security platform that underlies Lookout's category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems, and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that enables ingestion of security events, dynamic and near-real-time analysis and delivery of data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
Do you have exceptionally good development skills with Java or Scala? Do you have experience with streaming detection and Kafka? Do you want to collaborate for building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions? Then you could be Lookout's next Sr. Backend Software Engineer with ability to work remotely.
Requirements for this position:
- 6-10 years of overall development experience with Java or Scala
- Strong experience with designing/implementing large-scale, distributed. production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS
- Good understanding of software engineering fundamentals - Object Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called to take on challenges in areas such as:
- Data analysis
- Scalable distributed systems design
- Real-time analysis of telemetry received from millions of devices
- Desire and ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack. Functional programming experience is nice to have
- A quality-oriented mindset with a strong commitment to automated testing, metrics collection, monitoring, and continuous improvement in all of your work
- Ability to drive features from conception to deployment in an agile team with continual delivery
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering discipline
Tools that you will work with:
- Primarily Scala, with some Ruby (in JVM).
- AWS primitives and distributed technologies:
- Storm clusters and a metric ton of EC2.
- Kafka and Spark/Akka, DynamoDB, Redis
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Company name: Lookout
Remote job title: Senior Backend Software Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, licensing, communications, enterprise, mobile, security, software