Senior Backend PHP/Symfony Developer
Remote job description
Scalable Path's is looking for a Senior Backend PHP/Symfony Developer to work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. They support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production. They have a multicultural Engineering team of over 50 people working in 5 countries who build, grow and maintain their applications and platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A client of Scalable Path in the cloud printing business is looking for a remote senior backend developer to join their team full-time. Your job would be to write APIs and features using PHP (Symfony). The backend services you would be developing would link consumers, businesses, and 3rd party vendors and coordinate things like ordering, shipping, printing, pricing, file transfer, and storage.
This is a remote, full-time, long-term position. Your working hours must overlap with Europe and you must be available for a daily scrum at 9:00 AM GMT +1.
The client is looking for someone who can start soon and can work full-time, however, they would be willing to engage with someone who could start part-time and then convert to full-time in the near future if they are a great fit.
What you will be doing:
- Using the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Collaborating closely with other engineers as a valuable member of a cross-functional team
- Sharing your knowledge and building creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
- Designing, developing and deploying backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
In addition to the skills below, the following requirements are also important to consider:
- A minimum of B.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or 5+ years in a similar position
- Able to adapt, change and grow quickly as we scale the organization
- Passionate about engineering practices like agile, continuous delivery, test-driven development, traceability, and observability
- Growth mentality, are curious and not afraid to be experimental.
- You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
- Solid experience as an Engineer designing, developing and maintaining API driven solutions
- Strong communication skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail
It is beneficial if you have experience with e-commerce Integrations Etsy and Shopify (but not required) .
You'll also get to work with:
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the Engineering Lead in the team. There is an existing daily meeting at 9:00am Europe/Oslo (+02:00) CEST.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION: 6-12 months
There is a possibility that the contract will be prolonged if things go well
They are open to candidates that can be in time-zones From Europe to India/Pakistan. Several team members in this team are located in Pakistan and in Novosibirsk Russia.
- PHP (Must have)
- Symfony (Must have)
- Written English (Must have)
- Spoken English (Must have)
- Docker (Nice to have)
- Kubernetes (Nice to have)
- PostgreSQL (Nice to have)
- Memcache (Nice to have)
- Redis (Nice to have)
- RabbitMQ (Nice to have)
Company name: Scalable Path
Remote job title: Senior Backend PHP/Symfony Developer at Scalable Path () (allows remote)
Job tags: symfony, redis, memcached, postgresql, docker