Senior Backend Engineer, Channels
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet
The Channels team at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world by delivering users engaging content at the right time. We deliver hundreds and millions of push notifications and emails to Reddit users every day. With Reddit's growth trajectory, we are solving both product and engineering problems for the next magnitude of scale. We are hiring senior backend engineers to be part of this ambitious mission.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll design, build and scale products within our notifications system, work closely with our machine learning engineers on. With our small focused team, your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Experience with diagnosing and optimizing backend performance, especially in regards to increasing throughput, stability, or automated scaling.
- Designing systems to scale to millions of users
- Integrating and utilizing machine learning models into product engineering systems
- A past track record of Quality, for example:
- enabling a testing culture, such as unit testing, setting up load testing framework, enabling local testing or other automated testing.
- Structurally improving the resiliency and fault tolerance of systems or code
- Collaboration skills: you work well with a team, but also help level-up those around you.
- You may demonstrate skills in one or more of the following: written/verbal communication, project leadership, mentorship, negotiating conflict, or engineering culture improvements.
- You embody our company value of Evolve: you view challenges as learning opportunities and continuously seek to improve.
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Backend Engineer, Channels
Job tags: Machine Learning, Product Engineering