Senior Backend Engineer
Remote job description
OneRail is one of the top five fastest growing companies in Orlando. As we grow our need for best-in-class team members also continues to expand. We are excited to be adding multiple Senior Backend Engineer career opportunities. These roles will join our Technical Operations Team in our Orlando, Florida headquarters and report to the VP, Engineering. The Positions are eligible to telecommute from a remote workspace. However, preference/priority will always be given to candidates who express the ability to work on site at OneRail HQ in Orlando, FL (ZIP code 32819).
As a Senior Backend Engineer at OneRail, you join a team of talented engineers working together to transform final mile logistics and supply chain operations. This role will requires extensive experience in NodeJS, Java, and well-honed problem-solving abilities. The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of NodeJS, Java best practices and has significant experience working with development teams to deploy and support applications. To succeed in this role, one must be comfortable working on an Agile team, as well as be a collaborative, great communicator who thinks performance, scalability, and standards first to mindfully assist the engineering team members within an Agile team environment.
OneRail is a technology company innovating solutions for multi-modal delivery. We have built and continue to develop a delivery orchestration platform that connects shippers to an extensive courier ecosystem to automate, optimize and control the entire delivery supply chain, from the demand signal to the proof of delivery. Your thought leadership and development skills are critical to our success. Our approach to product development is very collaborative. We seek high performing team member who enjoy participating in business discussions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deploy company products utilizing fast, agile, and reliable software development practices
- Identify design and infrastructure problems and create solutions in collaboration with other engineers in the engineering department
- Ensure a consistent, high-quality product that works well across both web and mobile environments
- Effectively communicate status, obstacles and challenges in the development process.
- Execute on a strong understanding of SaaS based Enterprise tool development
- Research, identify, and select the most appropriate frameworks to use with the product
- Write and maintain code for the backend company products
- Be accountable for code quality and writing tests (unit and integration)
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5 years of position related experience
- Demonstrated experience with NodeJs/Java
- Demonstrated experience with building APIs and services
OneRail is an innovative technology startup located in Orlando, Florida. We are a delivery orchestration platform that provides multi-modal delivery automation, optimization, and real-time visibility for enterprise clients, all in one place. OneRail connects shippers to an extensive courier ecosystem to enable same day, parcel, LTL, next day, scheduled, and economy delivery selected through automation and rate shopping across all modes.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Comprehensive voluntary benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- 4% 401K Match
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Team Building Events
- Flexible PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen of snacks and coffee
- In-office gym access
Company name: OneRail
Remote job title: Senior Backend Engineer (Remote Available) at OneRail (Orlando, FL) (allows remote)
Job tags: node.js, azure, mysql, kafka, redis