Senior Backend Engineer
Brave New Software Project, Inc.
Remote job description
The Brave New Software Project, Inc seeks an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our new team for a censorship-resistant cryptocurrency exchange.
This new exchange will be available in censored regions, and it will take advantage of the censorship-resistant capabilities of the Lantern application. Lantern uses a variety of networking and protocol tricks to sneak traffic past censors in some of the most repressive censoring countries in the world.
As part of Innovate's backend exchange team, you'll be working with a team of engineers to build the exchange's core infrastructure for processing and matching orders using Rust and Golang. As senior engineer, you'll bring your technical expertise to help architect and design new services. You'll be responsible for carrying projects from initial specs all the way to completion (production release).
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Golang and Rust
- Design and implement scalable systems
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Support a fully distributed team operating across numerous time zones
- Assume technical responsibility of complex backend systems, identify opportunities for system improvement
- Mentor and train junior engineers on coding standards and design techniques
- At least 5+ years of experience in software engineering as a backend engineer
- Strong proficiency with systems programming languages (Go, Rust, C, C++)
- Prior experience building, scaling, and maintaining production services
- Experience configuring and deploying cloud infrastructure
- Knowledgeable about distributed systems and technologies (Kafka, NoSQL, Redis, etc)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with cryptography
- Experience with Blockchain technology (Bitcoin, Stellar, etc)
- Experience with financial systems and payment protocols
- You've worked at a company that experienced rapid growth (from start-up to mid-size)
If you're excited to tackle thorny social problems with software, or if you're an experienced engineer who thinks they might be ready to tackle a new kind of challenge, we want to hear from you.
Brave New Software provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from candidates who may be people of color, disabled, gender and sexual minorities, and other disadvantaged backgrounds.
Golang, Rust, Bitcoin, Stellar, PostgreSQL, Redis, cryptocurrencySummary
Company: Brave New Software Project, Inc.
Job title: Senior Backend Engineer needed to fight financial censorship at Brave New Software Project, Inc. (allows remote)
Job tags: golang, rust, cryptocurrency, security