Senior Backend Developer
Remote job description
Falkbuilt is a technology driven start-up venture. Founders include Mogens Smed and Barrie Loberg. With digital intelligence we will revolutionize the construction industry. Our work leverages the video game experience while making it real with data to build the physical replica of the virtual.
Falkbuilt is based in Calgary, Canada (MST), we have a top-shelf team of developers to implement a state-of-the-art platform. It is a small, tight, clean-coding group of professionals. This position is open for remote work from the comfort of your own home in any time zone from the Pacific coast of North America east to Europe.
We are looking for a senior backend developer to take ownership of the backends for various web-apps critical to our business.
Our Backend Tech Stack
- Backend: Java/Spring/VertX
- Database: MySql, MongoDB, neo4j
- Cloud: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- CI/CD: Gitlab
- Other: Kafka, ELK, Gradle, Git
- Expert level experience with most of the listed tech stack.
- Interest in DevOps like building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines and automated testing frameworks.
- Demonstrable expertise in building/maintaining RESTful API for web-app frontends.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate that into well designed scalable technical solutions.
- Excited about doing real things, like programming for a real factory.
- Ability to develop in multiple technologies with the capacity to pick up new ones as required.
- Excited about writing software used by your co-workers with quick feature turn-around and immediate feedback.
- Experience with Gitlab CI/CD.
- Experience with C#.
- Experience and willingness to do frontend work as required (Angular 7+).
- Experience developing for Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, or Inventor.
- Experience with 3D visualization technologies.
- Experience in the construction industry, shop drawings, architectural drawings, etc.
Job title: Senior Backend Developer at Falkbuilt (Calgary, AB, Canada) (allows remote)
Job tags: ci/cd, java, mongodb, kubernetes, aws, sysadmin