Senior Android Engineer, Subscription Growth
Remote job description
About This Role
Strava is the leading subscription platform at the center of connected fitness, with more than 100 million community members in over 190 countries. The platform offers a holistic view of your active lifestyle, no matter where you live, which sport you love, and/or what device you use. Everyone belongs on Strava when they are pursuing an active life.
This role is on the Subscription Growth Team, which is a cross-functional team responsible for the entire subscription lifecycle and platform at Strava. The team not only manages our subscriptions but also uses data-driven experimentation to propel subscriber acquisition and retention. We are the driving force behind Strava's subscription growth, and we partner closely with our marketing team on subscription campaigns and our finance team on data reporting. Our systems are used by the other engineers to build a world-class experience for our subscribers.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, product managers and analysts to build Strava's subscription platform and product
- Help define the future of payments and subscriptions on the Android platform at Strava
- Use experimentation to optimize the subscription lifecycle
- Directly impact the experience of tens of millions of athletes.
You will be successful here by:
- Excelling at user-centric product development.
- Building beautiful, smooth, delightful mobile experiences.
- Mentoring other engineers and providing technical leadership to the team through forums like tech talks.
- Using your in-depth knowledge of all things Android to help drive technical conversations with peers from different backgrounds, across different teams.
We're excited about you because:
- Have experience building Android applications in a production environment using Kotlin. Jetpack compose experience is a nice to have
- Have experience working with large, modularized applications that use dependency injection tools and GraphQL is a nice to have
- Stay up to date and experiment with the latest Android technologies.
- Have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems.
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels - from networking up to user interfaces and everything in between.
- Have experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Can collaborate with Android, iOS, and Server engineers in order to ship features.
We'd love to talk to you about the future of Strava's core technologies and your role in developing them. For more on Strava's engineering team check out the Engineering Blog. It covers a wide range of topics, from how we rebuilt our leaderboard systems to personal perspectives on what it's like to be an engineer at Strava.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. Just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives - now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Senior Android Engineer, Subscription Growth
Job tags: Networking Technologies, unit testing, Mobile Programming