Senior Android Engineer
The Secret Escapes app has been launched only a few months ago and it's built with all the latest that Android development has to offer. No legacy code, 100% Kotlin, minimum supported SDK 23. It integrates the state of art services that allows us to enhance our users' experience. Mentioning a few: Branch, Braze, Firebase, GraphQL and Salesforce.
Secret Escapes is ready for pushing the Android and iOS experiences to the next level in 2021, creating the best solutions that allow us to meet the needs of our customers.
The travel sector is fast and dynamic, and you will be part of a high responsive department that follows these changes with a data driven approach.
- Hands on since day one
- Working along a cross-functional team for the development of new features and the maintaining of the codebase
- Design well-structured, clean, testable and scalable solutions
The project and technical requirements
We are looking for an engineer who has strong knowledge of the technologies the project is built on:
- Dagger 2/Hilt
- Jetpack AndroidX architecture components
- MVVM and MVI as main architecture patterns
- Gradle build system and Gradle DSL
- Coroutines and its Reactive Flow APIs
- Epoxy (nite to have)
- Also experience with unit tests and automated UI testing (Espresso and UIAutomator) and setting up CI/CD pipelines on services like Bitrise.
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference
- You have a continuous improvement mindset. You appreciate that there are always ways to do things better and ensure your team does too
- You are solution-focused with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- You can prioritise tasks and work independently
- You're a team player!
Things you should know
We are a geographically distributed team with people working in London, Berlin, Bristol, Poland, Macedonia, Spain, Ukraine so you will likely be working daily with some remote people. Between all of us, we speak more than 10 languages!
- We organise ourselves in Communities of Practice to discuss and champion subjects of interest such as technical architecture, process or user research.
- The company appreciates the value of the technical team and offers a generous training budget that we can spend on training classes, conferences, books, etc.
- We are an equal opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.Summary
Senior Android Engineer
Tags: deals, e-commerce, travel & leisure