Plotly Technologies Inc
Remote job description
About the Role
Reporting into the Sales organization, this is a public facing role where you will be responsible for helping our senior account executives and enterprise customers understand Plotly's offerings on a technical basis. You will work with customers to ensure they see how Plotly can help them achieve their business goals by clearly understanding their use cases. This strategic role will involve engaging with customers and partners, creating sales assets (slides, white papers, demos, etc., providing presentations and demos on a daily basis) for our customers, conducting training sessions, and working with the Plotly customer success, marketing and engineering teams.
This role will help drive sales by ensuring potential customers understand the value that Plotly can offer them. This always starts with a clear desire to understand their use case(s).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a Dash Enterprise and technical infrastructure subject matter expert, with a wealth of knowledge, technique, and expertise of Dash and Plotly OSS
- Discover and understand customer technical requirements and align our solutions to those requirements
- Demonstrate the advantages and value of Dash Enterprise to potential customers via demos, webinars, talks, and conference attendance
- Help plan and integrate Dash Enterprise with existing customer/partner data science platforms
- Assist every aspect of the sales cycle with technical insights and product expertise
- Train groups of enterprise users during weekly customer onboarding sessions or two day on-site/remote workshops
- 3+ years in a customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture, or consulting role
- Comfortable programming in, and debugging, at least one of: Python, Java, SQL, or R
- Have built solutions with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with Cloud architecture, Terraform, Cloudformation, and other infrastructure provisioning tools
- Familiarity with software security and authentication protocols
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients of various skill levels and backgrounds
- Ability to diagnose and solve technical problems
- Knowledge of sales cycles and processes
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Loves to present (online, over the phone and sometimes in person)
- Loves to learn new technologies and techniques
- Is fearless when it comes to technical and customer challenges
- Willing to get in the trenches with the team to make our customers successful
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Getting to work with customers at Fortune 500 companies
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Health benefits
- Company stock options
Plotly is a high-growth company that is transforming how people visualize data by helping Fortune 500 companies close the gap between Data Science and the rest of the organization. We started building our precedent-setting open-source software back in 2013, and since then we've received over $30M in funding, including from grants such as ScaleAI and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, to support our efforts. Plotly is primed to continue its path toward becoming the most downloaded, trusted framework for building AI, ML & data science web apps for the world's leading companies.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of 50 first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information. We believe that knowledge is built through sharing and accessibility, through dialog and debate on a level playing field. Come help us democratize the data so that we can deliver knowledge.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance.
We're looking forward to getting to know you!
Company name: Plotly Technologies Inc
Remote job title: Sales Engineer at Plotly Technologies Inc () (allows remote)
Job tags: cloud, python, sql