Research Engineer, Localization and Mapping
Remote job description
Join us on an exhilarating journey to pioneer the development of high-definition maps for vast spaces, leveraging cutting-edge technology in simulation, real-world data, and the latest advancements in sensor-based localization. We're on the hunt for a seasoned Research Engineer who will spearhead our localization and mapping strategy, crafting the foundational elements crucial for the reliable operation of our collaborative robots in expansive indoor/outdoor settings.
This role offers the flexibility of remote work, with the option for on-site work at our San Francisco Bay Area, California office.
- Architect and execute innovative strategies for mapping and localization.
- Engineer cutting-edge on-device algorithms for real-time simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or an equivalent technical discipline, or professional experience mirroring academic qualifications.
- Proficiency in C++ programming.
- Expertise in state estimation methodologies and SLAM algorithms.
- Hands-on experience with processing and interpreting camera and LiDAR data.
- Eagerness to engage comprehensively with all system components.
- Team-oriented professional with stellar communication abilities.
- Enthusiastic participant in our fast-paced, collaborative, and evolutionary startup ecosystem.
- Availability for occasional business travel.
- Advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related technical field.
- Robust background in robotics.
- Python experience preferred.
- Experience with ROS, writing GPU/hardware accelerated algorithms.
- Experience managing mapping and localization across fleets of robots.
- Experience with multimodal sensor calibration and multimodal sensor algorithm development.
- Proven track record of manipulating and visualizing extensive datasets.
- Practical experience with simulation technologies.
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
To all recruitment agencies: Collaborative Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees. Collaborative Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our full-time compensation package includes base salary plus equity and comprehensive benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience level. The range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the noted geographic area. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Company name: Collaborative Robotics
Remote job title: Research Engineer, Localization and Mapping
Job tags: algorithms, robotics, ROS