Remote Full Stack Developer
Remote job description
About the System:
Velocity is built as a cloud-first microservices architecture programmed primarily with TypeScript, running in a Node.js run-time environment, using molecular microservices framework, Docker containers, Kubernetes container orchestration, PostgreSQL database, Redis cache, and NATS messaging system. We've also created some proprietary tools to help us build web screens and orchestrate service calls. One of those tools was built using React. We use GitHub for source code management, and Datadog for system monitoring.
We need to hire several contract and contract to hire developers...some junior, many mid-level and several senior level. Qualified candidates are US Citizens or Permanent Residents of the US. All candidates must reside in the United States.
I apologize for the lengthy job description.
As a Full-stack Developer at Nelnet, you will build the next generation platform in the lending industry. You will work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and other team members to better understand their needs in order to create new products that will impact the life of millions of customers. You will participate the development of cloud native products using microservices architecture and other leading edge technologies and practices.
- Partner closely with product and design studio to craft great product experiences.
- Design, deliver and evolve solutions and execute through hands-on configuration, development, quality assurance, and prototyping.
- Design, deliver and evolve application and infrastructure code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
- Participate in the design, implementation and evolution of best of breed Development, Build and Deploy Processes and Environments.
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs.
- 3 years current experience building single page applications with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React, Angular, Ember, Babel, Webpack, Underscore, etc.).
- Previous experience developing microservices - Previous experience building, maintaining and/or evolving a development processes and environments (SCM, CI/CD, Build Tools, Deployment Tools ?etc.)
- Previous experience building, maintaining and/or evolving development, test and production environments in a cloud environment
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Solid fundamental understanding of testing (including stubbing, functional, unit, and e2e)
- Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
- Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with Material.io, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap, and cross-browser and device development
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, motivation, and passion.
- Strong database knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices)
- Experience architecting and implementing complex solutions from infrastructure level to application level.
Company name: Nelnet
Remote job title: Remote Full Stack Developer at Nelnet () (allows remote)
Job tags: node.js, postgresql, typescript