Remote job description
Bitso is Latin America's leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It's time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Team & Role Description:
You will be in charge of creating new features and improving the experience of thousands of Bitso Users by creating new React interfaces for our Wallet, Exchange and Onboarding flows. You will work with product managers, and other business stakeholders to define new ways users can interact with their crypto and fiat money.
This is a role for an active engineer who has the additional responsibility of coordinating with other developers from other teams around him/her and helping React engineers across the company improve their best practices. To succeed you will need to be hands on, have an eye to detail, focusing on building reusable components that can be used to quickly create and scale these interfaces.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with ReactJS Framework.
- Strong general computer science knowledge.
- Experience in Git for version control.
- A user-centric mentality for building products.
- Experience planning, documenting, testing and releasing features or products.
- English language proficiency.
Additionally, it would be nice if you
- Passionate about the Product and Business side of the applications that you are building.
- Experience building large data sets visualization interactive web UI.
- Passionate about Crypto
- Drive new feature development and help scale our current product and platforms.
- Ship code for high growth, high visibility markets, every day, for tens of thousands of users.
- Write high-performance code designed to scale.
- Participate in the planning, execution and testing of new features.
- Purpose: You'll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful
- Salary: We pay very competitively in the countries where we operate, based on sophisticated high-tech markets
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
React Engineer at Bitso () (allows remote)