Principal Software Engineer Phishing and Content Protection
Remote job description
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. With 100 million mobile sensors fueling a dataset of virtually all the mobile code in the world, the Lookout Security Cloud can identify connections that would otherwise go unseen -- predicting and stopping mobile attacks before they do harm. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
As a Software Engineer on the Security Intelligence team, you will contribute broadly to the detection engines, analysis systems, and other core intellectual property at Lookout. This position is an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in the company and join the team that provides the fundamental technological building blocks of the Security Platform that underlies Lookout's category-defining personal and enterprise products. These are challenging problems and you must be open-minded to tackling new exploratory areas as well as evolving and continually improving key existing systems.
We're looking for a Principal Engineer who has experience building, monitoring, and maintaining high-volume, low-latency distributed SaaS solutions, with a focus on mobile. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, test-driven development, automation wherever possible, and all sorts of other things to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for a massively scalable platform that acquires and analyses domains/web content for the purpose of classification and delivers data sets to internal and user-facing applications.
What you'll do:
- Develop elegant, scalable, robust, and maintainable code for best-in-class securityservices, using C++ and Java
- Work closely with our Security Research teams to develop innovative mobile solutions that advance and support our most strategic platform modules
- Resolve bugs and conduct code fixes
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Lead by example, demonstrating software craftsmanship and best practices
- Mentor and lead junior developers
- Strong development background in C++ and Java
- Experience in developing, planning, and executing usr space systems programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system call, kernel interactions and concurrency.
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies that include TCP/IP, DNS, DNS over TLS and DNS over HTTPS.
- 16 to 20+ years of overall development experience in designing/implementing large-scale, distributed, production class software on public cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Discipline for testing and automation - unit, functional, integration, and other forms of automated testing
- Collaborative attitude, with an interest in growing a strong engineering team and culture: everything from hiring great people, to mentoring junior engineers, to fine-tuning process as necessary
- Stellar communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
- Experience with mobile platforms like Android and iOS
- Experience with DevOps tools
- Experience with building secure systems
- Fault tolerance and self-healing systems
- Open-source contributions and participation
Job title: Principal Software Engineer - Phishing and Content Protection
Job tags: communications, enterprise, freemium, licensing, mobile, saas / subscription, security, software