Principal Mobile IOS Software Engineer®
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.
As a Principal Mobile iOS Engineer on the Banno Platform at Jack Henry & Associates, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by reimagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users.
The Principal iOS Mobile Software Engineer works on our mobile banking apps in close cooperation with our product design and API teams. This role will provide architectural and "big picture" oversight for development of new or enhanced products. iOS engineers are constantly keeping our applications up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across the United States. You'll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of programming experience with Objective-C and/or Swift.
- Must have successfully launched at least one application on iTunes.
- Must have experience with third-party libraries/API's.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Strong object-oriented design skills.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
- Has a wide range of experience and able to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Experience releasing successful mobile applications.
- Excellent knowledge of iOS framework for Mobile devices.
- Excellent understanding of iOS UI design patterns and Apple UI guidelines.
- Experience integrating Mobile Apps with back end Web Services (REST).
- Knowledge of alternative Mobile App frameworks, tools and technologies such as Jenkins Continuous Integration Server, Git, Carthage, Swift Package Manager.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Provides architectural and "big picture" oversight for development of new or enhanced products.
- Translates customer business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer, as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address customer's business problems.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the company and is responsible for integrating components built by product developers.
- Analyzes the scope, timeline and specifications of tasks; delegates assignments to other architects. Writes high-level implementation plans for enhancements and fixes to be refined by team members under direction.
- Provides technical assistance to support staff. Assists with implementations of enhancements and fixes by providing coding knowledge.
- Tests and reviews programming to discover any errors and confirm that the programs meet required specifications.
- Creates system and development documentation.
- Administers various change management tasks.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of competing products and provides ideas for innovation and improvement in order to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- May develop code for the design/creation of new software products, enhancements, and fixes.
SummaryJack Henry & Associates, Inc.
Principal Mobile IOS Software Engineer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (allows remote)
Tags: ios, objective-c, mobile, android, swiftui