Principal Engineer, Frontend
Plotly Technologies Inc
Remote job description
About the Role
We're building the next generation of data science tools for people that love data science. We work with some of the world's largest organizations to help them succeed in analyzing their data and scaling their data science workloads. We need your awesome talent to lead our frontend efforts in building A-Grade applications and dataviz components to power these teams.
Downloaded 5 million times per month, Dash & Plotly are how AI, ML, and data science in Python are delivered to business users.
We're a fun, growing, highly collaborative, creative team of people that love our craft. We care about diversity, equity, and helping each other succeed. We value communication, curiosity, kindness, passion, and a healthy, work-life balance. We are avid readers, hackers, architects, and data scientists.
If engineering excites you, and you think Plotly is the place for you, we'd love to chat further.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be the resident expert in React.js and web application development
- Help define and execute a roadmap to make our Enterprise solutions scalable, nimble, and meet Product requirements in the long-term
- Collaborate with multiple teams working on important customer features and our own significant internal development projects
- Help set technical and architectural direction for our front-end team with a focus on expanding the scope of our products and our ability to make data scientists more effective
- Be involved in all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain the most reliable, secure, performant, and high-throughput service for our customers by using cutting-edge cloud technology (this can range from setting high-level technical direction down to implementation)
- Develop a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it
- Work with designers and developers to understand user interactions and to develop modern, intuitive user interfaces for our web properties
- Work in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source code control and process documentation
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
Technologies you'll be working with:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional software development experience
- Have senior-level experience with React.js and Typescript
- Expertise in using React to build web applications, including system architecture and design
- Expertise in building monitoring of SaaS and On-Premis solutions
- The ability to guide the reliability and growth of our web applications by overseeing the performance, monitoring, and security direction of the SaaS solution
- Experience driving excellence for React and web development best practices, standards, guidelines, documentation, training, and code quality
- The ability to translate business concerns into technical implementations
- The ability to communicate trade-offs in approaches to security, speed to ship, and performance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to follow and produce documentation instructions
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot, and seek answers autonomously before asking colleagues for help
- Can drive the full architecture and development cycle of large feature improvements or refactorings
- Able to mentor and supervise junior and intermediate colleagues
- Collaborative within the team and across the whole company
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision
Nice to Haves
- Led teams technically on architecture and system design.
- Deep understanding of API design and REST principles
- Deep Experience in the deployment of production-quality, scalable software
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Health benefits
- Company stock options
Company: Plotly Technologies Inc
Job title: Principal Engineer, Frontend (React.js) at Plotly Technologies Inc () (allows remote)
Job tags: react, typescript, next.js, rest, graphql