Node.js Engineer Core Services
Remote job description
Exodus is looking for a meticulous Backend Engineer to focus on our backend Core Services. As a Node.js Engineer, you believe strongly in testing and using your analytical skills to solve complex problems.
What You Will Do
- Submit pull requests for critical back-end servers coded in Node.js, which talk to Exodus Wallet clients.
- Write loads of tests to ensure code performs as expected.
- Feature development work on Core Services Applications.
- Support, Maintain, and improve our Core Services Applications
- Open dialogues with our community support engineers to understand what can be improved about the exchange experience in Exodus, and act on that understanding.
Frameworks & Languages
- REST/ GraphQL
Who You Are
- You are based west of UTC+1 (i.e. USA -> Eastern Europe)
- You have a history and track record of Node.js development that can be demonstrated via Github.
- You have 4+ years of professional work experience.
- You take initiative and don't wait for direction.
- You have a passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and a demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- A strong understanding of Performance Optimization
- You have an understanding of relational database concepts and have designed some relational database schemas in the past.
- You don't care if the platform is Azure or AWS and have some experience with at least one.
- You are willing to be available regardless of when server issues occur.
- Professional experience in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency is a huge plus.
Exodus is a multi-asset cryptocurrency wallet with a built-in exchange feature. We started our movement in 2015 and have been a distributed team since then. Our mission is to help half of the world exit the traditional financial system and move into the crypto financial system by the year 2030. To do that we want to make sure we hire the best of the best: people who are intrinsically motivated by what we are trying to achieve and who love what they do professionally.
What We Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation to the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package.
- 100% pay in Bitcoin with a buffer to account for price changes and exchange fees.
- Brand new tech package for your work from home space.
Health: Most of our health insurance plans are covered 100% for you and covered 50% for your dependents. We'll also cover dental insurance. If you are outside of the United States, we will reimburse you up to $500 per month for any medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
PTO: 30 days of paid time off per year on top of a flexible schedule where you can work wherever and whenever. If you're part-time with us, you'll still receive 15 days of paid time off.
Unlimited Bereavement: We will pay you your full salary for the first two weeks for the loss of any immediate family members but we allow you to take all the time you need to grieve outside of that.
Parental Leave: 12 weeks of fully paid leave with and a month of flexible work for the primary caregiver.
Tax Help: Getting paid in Bitcoin new to you? Don't worry! We will reimburse you for speaking with a professional tax specialist in your state/country to make sure everything is taken care of.
Perks: Exodus offers a variety of seasonal perks including free subscriptions to services like Calm and Masterclass, coverage for gym memberships and therapy. We want to make sure all of our employees know they are our priority and we give back for your hard work often.
Company name: Exodus.io
Remote job title: Node.js Engineer - Core Services at Exodus.io () (allows remote)