Equus Software, LLC
Remote job description
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1999, Equus has continually been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. We continue to expand with offices in Denver, Dallas, Lisbon, London and Manila. Our relentless focus on creating innovative global mobility solutions has helped us become the market leader in our industry.
With over 300 clients around the world, we are committed to delivering the right solutions to our client's problems. And we do this every day.
Our award-winning cloud-based technology has been recognized year-over-year for end-to-end functionality, efficiency savings and connected ecosystem. But we are more than just a technology company. We are experts in helping our clients get the right talent, in the right place, fast.
WHAT YOU DO
As a .Net Web Developer, you will work on a small agile team, collaborating with business analysts, designers, architects, subject matter experts, quality assurance analysts, implementation and support staff. You will also get to work with clients to produce a steady stream of new and useful features for our end users. Every release has new and interesting problems to solve. We are looking for smart programmers who love to find a way to build creative solutions to unique technical problems, understand complex concepts, learn quickly and think outside the box. If you love to improve not just yourself, but the team, process, product and user experience then this is the place for you!
- Must have strong English communication skills, a natural drive and to understand the larger business problems to solve, and a strong ability to communicate technical concerns to non-technical people
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related discipline that covers in depth: logic & principles, data structures, algorithms, and software architecture (or equivalent years of experience)
- 1+ years leading an agile development team
- 4+ years of web development experience
- 4+ years of experience operating in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- 4+ years of experience with ASP.NET and C#.NET or VB.NET
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Understanding of complex concepts, such as recursion, reflection, multi-threaded processes, memory management
- Experience coaching & mentoring junior and mid-level developers while upholding team standards in regards to technology protocols.
- Ability to code complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, update scripts
Why this is a great position:
- Great salary and benefits – Highly competitive salaries, great bonuses for great contributors. We have enterprise-class benefits.
- Great location – In the heart of Lisbon, with 290 days of sun a year and access to awesome restaurants and culture.
- Great people – We only hire the best. That means you're working with the best.
- Great culture – Nice office, relaxed and collaborative atmosphere, casual dress code.
- Software is our business – This isn't a department in a larger company. We've been developing software for 19 years, and we're growing fast. You'll be a part of a team that develops software quickly and effectively.
- Effective development processes – We follow agile processes (kanban) while keeping focus on 2-month release plans. We also do continuous improvement.
- Always learning something new – This is a large application that solves a lot of business problems for a lot of clients. You'll develop a wide variety of skills, and you'll probably become a subject matter expert in your first year.
- Fostering innovation – Take advantage of Innovation Day with every release. Play with whatever technology you want, learn what you want, try out something new, and present it to the company the next day. Many innovations have made it into our products.
Company: Equus Software, LLC
Job title: .Net Developer at Equus Software, LLC (Lisbon, Portugal) (allows remote)
Job tags: angularjs, .net, agile