Remote job description
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
Solution Engineers work tightly with customers on configuring their integrations, answering API questions, and providing Best Practices for working with the Motive platform. In addition, Solution Engineers build out custom Java-based integrations utilizing Motive APIs and the Mulesoft platform. They support and advocate for our users and focus on delivering quality. The frontline of the Professional Services organization, Solution Engineers are responsible for meeting customer project deadlines, customer satisfaction for services, and identifying leads/upsell opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Sales or Customer Success teams and our customers to understand our customer's business challenges and helps them leverage the connection between our data-rich platform and their systems to increase their competitiveness in the marketplace
- Build custom integration solutions for our customer's use cases using Java and the Mulesoft platform.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers IT departments to and help them realize the value the Motive platform provides to their organization
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the internal stakeholders in sales, marketing, customer success and R&D departments
What We're Looking For:
- At least 3 - 5 years engineer/implementation/consulting experience with Rest APIs
- Technical degree preferred; Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Math background desired
- 2+ years of experience working with Mulesoft (or similar platform), Java, or technical consulting
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on enterprise SaaS or other public cloud vendors.
- Experience using Agile SCRUM
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Company name: Motive
Remote job title: Mulesoft Developer
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility