Mobile Application Developer
Remote job description
Risk Focus, a Ness Company, provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our DevOps and Infrastructure practice provides solutions, methodologies, and strategic guidance for digital transformation, containerization, and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We solve complex business problems with technology and insight. Our business domain knowledge, technology expertise, and Agile delivery process have delivered seamless Digital Transformations at some of the largest customers globally. We're an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, a Premier Confluent Systems Integrator and a Snowflake Select Services Partner.
As a mobile application developer, you will:
- Engineer solutions to support user workflows and interactions via the UI for a cutting-edge mobile banking application.
- Participate in the planning of these solutions via daily scrums, sprint planning, story point estimation, refinement/grooming sessions, and retrospectives according to agile delivery best practices.
- Develop high-quality, extensible, and fault-tolerant code according to Kotlin best practices to implement the engineering choices above.
- Develop maintainable and readable code that exhibits clear engineering intent with an awareness of cross-platform demands, the challenge of device fragmentation, and a constant focus on accessibility.
- Write both unit tests and functional tests in the context of various integration and e2e harnesses.
- Use git and git workflows for source control management and quality control.
- Review the code of your colleagues and have your code reviewed.
- Translate the high-fidelity work of designers and product owners into pixel perfect software implementation.
- Deep experience engineering and implementing native mobile applications.
- Proven work experience as an:
- Android developer using Java or Kotlin, minimum 2 years (3+ years preferred)
- An understanding of Android design patterns, memory management, and multi-threading.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience architecting, designing, maintaining and developing enterprise applications
- Strong experience with all Agile/Scrum Sprint ceremonies, including sprint planning, sprint refinement, daily scrum meetings, and retrospectives
- Experience using Git and Git workflows for source control management.
- Experience writing unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Attention to quality and a constant focus on what it means to ship high-quality code
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Deep experience with Kotlin and Android SDK.
- Extensive experience with mobile banking applications.
- Strong knowledge of accessibility standards and how to design for ADA Compliant applications.
- Understand the performance limitations of battery life, CPU and memory availability to implement robust and efficient solutions.
- Ability to translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
Candidates MUST be located in the United States
Company name: Risk Focus
Remote job title: Mobile Application Developer (IOS/Android) at Risk Focus () (allows remote)
Job tags: android, mobile, swiftui, kotlin, ios