Manager, Payroll Operations EMEA
Remote job description
Remote is solving global remote organizations' biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you're interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- The Payroll team will report to you and you will provide them with guidance and mentorship.
- The Manager, Payroll Operations will own the complete payroll function, ensuring payroll is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with country specific government regulations.
- Serve as a point of contact between internal and external stakeholders on all payroll related matters.
- Lead the Payroll team, unblock and support them.
- Be up to date with various international payroll laws / regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manages existing relationships with payroll, accounting and payroll service providers.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for the team.
What you bring
- Understanding of global payroll best practices.
- Experience in implementing payroll in multiple countries and in managing relationships with third party payroll services.
- You are passionate about managing people, and you don't micromanage your reports.
- Proficient in using software tools like SAP, Excel / Google Sheet.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work.
- You understand the need and ideal to work largely asynchronously.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- You write and speak fluent English.
- You'll report to: Director of Global Payroll
- Team: Payroll
- Location: EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you'll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview with Director of Global Payroll
- Interview with Global Manager, Payroll Client Services
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don't have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Company name: Remote
Remote job title: Manager, Payroll Operations EMEA
location or timezoneEastern Europe
posted39 days ago