Lead Software Engineer Mexico
Remote job description
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 20+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Our Technology team isn't just one of the best in the industry, it's one of the best in the world. And we're proud of it. It's our driving force; our engine. From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, there's nothing (and we mean nothing) our tech team can't do. Our Technology team isn't here to fix legacy systems - it's here to build world-class financial products from the ground up. Products that will be used by millions of people around the world (20+ million people, not that we're counting) ?
We're looking for Backend Engineers that want to change the world. If you like to work at a steady pace with no surprises, keep scrolling. If you want your work to change the global financial landscape, you might be just who we're looking for. We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery. Sound like your speed? Let's chat!
Our technology stack:
- Java 11,
- JOOQ and TDD approach
What you'll be doing
- Building mobile APIs
- Developing micro services to evolve our architecture
- Perfecting a number of systems that our business depend on, like risk management, fraud detection, payment processing for example
- Working on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems
What you'll need
- Fluency with Java
- 3 years (or above) experience in back-end development
- Bachelor's Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Fluent English
Nice to have
- Experience with Kotlin and Scala
- Experience within Finance
- Experience within a start-up or scale-up
- Experience within a product focussed environment
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Company name: Revolut
Remote job title: Lead Software Engineer Mexico
Job tags: fintech, forex