Lead Software Engineer, Discovery
Remote job description
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to guide and inspire our Discovery team. The Discovery Team is a new team in our Social organization focusing on improving user engagement by connecting users with personalized content.
In this role you will be given the freedom and responsibility to make that happen across our user base. As a Lead Software Engineer, you are tasked with leading the engineering effort and ensuring its productivity.
In this role you will:
- Guide the development and maintenance of systems to recommend personalized content to users
- Use metrics to track feature performance and inform design decisions
- Manage, provide guidance, and mentor engineers in both technical and soft skills
- Own the team's productivity and metrics
- Work with Tech Leads, Product Leads, and Designers to plan the team's road map
- Wrangle cross-team dependencies
- Design, build, and maintain features of player communication, social system, content promotion, and content discovery systems using C# and various backend technologies.
We are looking for individuals with:
- Experience leading engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Experience building and shipping production-ready code
- Experience writing production distributed systems or cloud services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
Bonus points if you also have:
- Professional experience with personalization or machine learning
- Experience with Game Development and Game Engines (preferably Unity)
- Knowledge of synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems, and experience building RESTful API backend services
- Passion for game design, specifically game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Experience working on a live online service
Company info to know:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room values work-life balance and provides unlimited paid time off. We work hard to ensure Rec Room is a fun and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Company name: Rec Room
Remote job title: Lead Software Engineer, Discovery