iOS Engineer, Terminal Experience
Remote job description
About the Terminal Experience Team: With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model-whether it's creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event. iOS engineers on the Terminal Experience team will build and enhance the Terminal product experience to enable merchants across many industries, such as dining, retail, and hospitality.
- Design, build, and maintain Terminal's iOS SDK using Objective-C and Swift
- Build product experiences that enrich a merchant's point of sale offering
- Develop iOS payment applications for a variety of payment devices and form factors
- Collaborate with iOS developers who work on the Stripe SDKs and Stripe Terminal to set best practices for iOS development across the company
- Work with user research and product design to understand users and address their needs
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, with 3+ years of experience in iOS development. Ideally, you're also comfortable outside of iOS, and have some experience with full-stack development.
- Have experience building SDKs and apps, have built or contributed to open-source libraries, and enjoy the art of API design
- Have a desire and ability to empathize with the many different types of users (developers and businesses) who depend on Stripe's mobile app
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what is lasting and scalable
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your work history in the form of a resume or LinkedIn profile
- [optional] If you've published apps or worked on open source mobile projects in the past, please include a link and description
What's it like to work at Stripe? Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry - from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We're here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity - which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We're a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Company name: Stripe
Remote job title: iOS Engineer, Terminal Experience
Job tags: Online payments, mobile, Stripe