Remote job description
Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps with no technical skills required.
Thousands of organizations use Guidebook to create mobile applications for their conference, corporate meeting, university campus, or other custom eventbut it doesnt stop there. Our mission is to connect people with the places in which they spend their time. Forward-thinking professionals are using Guidebooks simple app builder to make interactive mobile guides for their student orientations, college campus tours, venues and corporate campuses, airports, and any other place where theres a lot going on.
Here at Guidebook we know the future is mobilecome join us on the challenge!
ENGINEERING AT GUIDEBOOK:
We value communication, ownership, and execution. Our goal is to identify and develop each of our team members individual strengths; we use those strengths to foster a culture of accountability and high-performance across our Engineering Organization.
We pride ourselves on developing best in class products from our web based content management system to our mobile experience. Our team members have a diverse array of talent and experience and were looking for other intellectually curious developers to join our cause.
Make no mistake about ityou will be contributing in meaningful ways to our consumer facing product suite that touches hundreds of thousands of users each month.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As an iOS Engineer at Guidebook, you'll work alongside product and other cross-functional counterparts including designers, QA, web front end, back end, and Android engineers to make improvements to our mobile app. As the sole contributor to our iOS app, you'll work closely with your manager to complete projects and steer the direction of the iOS codebase.
You will report into our Senior Engineering Manager Dylan Foster and become a part of a tightly knit mobile team, composed of you and an Android engineer. This role is ideal for an engineer who wants to utilize strong technical experience to affect the teams success by developing a deep understanding of the codebase and making daily commits while also being an important technical partner to their manager. Our software engineers feel huge ownership over their work and our ideal candidate should be excited to step into a small, agile team to work on meaningful projects that tangibly impact company success. We value empathy, communication, teamwork, and self-development.
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 2+ years of experience developing iOS applications
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C, and Xcode builds
- Excited to take ownership of a codebase and independently execute large scale projects with the support of your manager and the rest of the team
- Empathetic and an excellent communicator
- Ability to break down large features into bite-size tasks
- Enjoys working alongside Android engineers to build high quality, consistent features
- Cares about code quality, and holds themselves and others to a high standard
- Passionate about building quality products with great UI
- 100% paid benefits: medical, dental, and vision
- Work out of our downtown Raleigh, NC office, if you are in the area
- Unlimited vacation time
- Stock options
- Awesome company retreats, aka Guidetrips to places like Tahoe and Yosemite
- Reap some good karma: group volunteer events
Company name: Guidebook
Remote job title: iOS Engineer at Guidebook () (allows remote)
Job tags: objective-c, swiftui, gradle, app-store-connect, xcode