Inventory Planning Manager
Remote job description
Glossier is a people-first beauty company on a mission to give everyone a voice through beauty. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
Reporting into the Director of Supply Chain, this role will play a pivotal part in building best-in-class operational capability in the areas of inventory management and supply planning. The role is accountable for balancing inventory efficiency and supply availability and will be the lead for driving inventory reduction across the global supply chain.
Sitting at a critical intersection of Glossier's multiple channels of distribution, this position will have the opportunity to drive immediate and sustained impact. A highly visible function, the ideal candidate will be analytically inclined, possess exceptional critical thinking skills as well as a concise communication style.
6 Month Expectations:
- Oversee Glossier's global inventory position to support retail allocation, wholesale and ecom fulfillment.
- Audit Glossier's current inventory systems and process flow, optimizing for automation and simplification.
- Project future inventory risk and execute strategies to mitigate out stock positions and potential lost revenue scenarios.
- Build supply plan integrating the latest demand signal from Demand Planning, on hand inventory, supplier lead times, and relevant inventory and safety stock targets.
- Generate and complete work orders, transfer orders and purchase orders when applicable within Glossier's ERP System (NetSuite).
- Develop metrics and report regularly on inventory health, turn and overall risk to channel revenue targets.
12 Month Expectations:
- Own overall inventory health and play key role in driving a reduction in total inventory turn & improvement in inventory efficiency
- Build and manage reporting to provide visibility to on-hand, excess, obsolete, and vulnerable inventory, leading cross-functional forums to drive action on excess inventory.
- Partner with Glossier's Technology & Data teams to streamline inventory reporting and systematic, cross functional visibility
- Provide visibility into shelf life status and lot code identification, as an input of the broader inventory position.
- Manage EOM reconciliation process for WIP (Work in Progress) Inventory with all external contract manufacturing partners.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance to ensure the proper provision is held based on inventory health and make up.
- Partner with demand and sales channel leads to ensure open orders support inventory goals as well as revenue targets.
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain, engineering or business related field
- 3-5 years of relevant and progressive supply chain or inventory planning experience
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and planning logic in cosmetics, personal care, CPG, and FDA regulated industries.
- Deep understanding of BOM (Bill of Materials) structures and cost roll-up from sub-components to finished goods
- Experience with NetSuite, SAP, Looker and/or other supply planning applications
- Strong proficiency in Excel & Google Sheets building complex models and analyzing large data sets.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, willing to learn, ask questions, seek solutions, active problem solve, and push for change
- Strong communication and negotiation skills - written and verbal, and ability to build cross-functional partnerships and work with cross-functional teams.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Company name: Glossier
Remote job title: Inventory Planning Manager