Penn Interactive Ventures
Remote job description
Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Las Vegas, NV and Conshohocken, PA. As the digital arm to Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., we are poised for fast-paced growth in the sports betting and online casino space. We are also partnered with Barstool Sports to drive growth in our businesses.
The Android Engineer works in conjunction with the Android Technical Lead in a small, cross-functional team to develop a one-of-a-kind, native sports betting experience. Candidates for this role will work with one of the most successful UI/UX firms in the country to implement a revolutionary sportsbook from the ground up. Previous work in the gaming industry is not important but we do expect your work-product will reflect a strong technical background and a dedication to concise, scalable code.
- Demonstrate best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, high-impact, consumer-facing mobile products
- Translate business requirements into scalable code
- Work with an industry-leading design firm and product to create the sportsbook app and implement new features.
- Squash bugs to make sure our user experience is unrivaled
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, project managers, ops engineers, QA engineers and various other teams and stakeholders to solve innovative problems utilizing out-of-the-box solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively using Github, Slack, Google Docs, ZenHub, and email so that we can all stay on the same page, even when we're juggling a lot of different projects
- Interact thoughtfully and professionally with everyone including non-technical colleagues
- 2-5 years of Android development, and good software development practices
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- A passion for mobile development
- A self-driven attitude and a commitment to continuous learning
- A desire to create interesting and engaging view animations, transitions, and control designs
- Familiarity with the Android Jetpack Suite
- Comfortable in participating in a code review process.
- Knowledgeable about unit testing and various testing frameworks for Android
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another STEM field or equivalent experience
- Experience with ReactiveX
- Experience with Dagger2
- Experience with Kotlin coroutines
- Experience with Exoplayer for media playback
- You've shipped an app to the App Store.
- You bring a passion for sports or betting
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our employees. PI offers benefits through a private exchange which allows our team members the ability to choose from several coverage levels and insurance carriers (both local and national carriers). Along with medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, there are also voluntary plans available to employees. PI also offers our employees some office perks such as free catered lunch, snacks, and beverages in the office.
Company name: Penn Interactive Ventures
Remote job title: https://careersapply-pngaming.icims.com/jobs/86646/android-engineer---remote/job at Penn Interactive Ventures () (allows remote)
Job tags: android, mobile, testing, kotlin, app