Remote job description
At BetterDoc, you will work to deliver value, not to fulfill a spec. We value curiosity, the will to learn and the drive to deliver great software. We look for people that want to see their influence on what was created and who are proud of their craft.
To continue delivering a high quality software product we are looking for a software engineer with a special interest in infrastructure.
We believe in a holistic approach to software engineering and all our software engineers are working on the complete stack: The frontend, the backend as well as in infrastructure. However, colleagues focus on some parts more than on others, and your focus will be the infrastructure.
This means that you will spend less times in projects and more on cross-functional aspects - you won't be system administrator, but our go-to person for infrastructure related issues and questions.
Automation is important to us, as is infrastructure as code. This includes Terraform to provision our cloud resources and CircleCI to build all components of our software landscape. Also, we build internal tooling for special internal tasks.
At BetterDoc, as a software engineer, you should:
- be self-motivated;
- write code in a sustainable way;
- understand and embrace architectural guidelines;
- be proficient in one or more programming language(s);
- work with subject matter experts;
- review pull requests of other team members;
- be able to participate in all phases of the development process; and
- help juniors and other team members improve their skills.
For this particular position, you should also
- be familiar with one or more cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP or OCI);
- be curious where and how an application is deployed and run in our Kubernetes cluster;
- have an interest in seeing the broader technical picture; and
- help applying regulatory restrictions (e.g. being aware of the General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]).
Remote work in the EU
In every project team we have people working remotely, making written communication very important. You should be able to express proposals and decisions, as well as task descriptions in written form. Our team language is English, being able to communicate in German is a plus.
We support fully remote work, in addition to our office in Cologne, Germany.
For legal reasons however we can only allow developers to work from within the European Union.
Please be aware that if you do not live in a country belonging to EU or are planning to move to the EU, we cannot follow up on your application.Summary
Company name: BetterDoc
Remote job title: Help healing as Software engineer (Elixir / Ruby) with infrastructure focus at BetterDoc (Cologne, Germany) (allows remote)
Job tags: elixir, ruby on rails, kubernetes, aws, terraform