Full Stack iOS Engineer Consumer Experience
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That's what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day.
Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them. We are looking for a well-rounded full-stack iOS engineer to work on the Spotify main iOS application and adhere to the mobile engineering practices of Spotify's mobile app development. As an iOS developer you will be responsible for implementing user-facing features, but also work on APIs and interaction with our backend services. We are looking for an engineer interested in more than iOS development and feel comfortable jumping on backend services development when needed.
Our team is a large cross-functional team working with hardware products at Spotify. The team has all the engineering roles from C/C++ developers, to mobile and web developers, to backend developers. Our focus is on learning more about music experience and how to enhance that experience on hardware products.
Who you are:
- You have several years of experience working with Objective-C, Swift and Java
- You care about code quality, reusability and testability
- You are comfortable jumping between iOS and backend development
- You ideally have an understanding of iOS internals like bluetooth and audio stack
- You have basic knowledge of Python and are willing to learn more if needed
- You are comfortable working in a large codebase
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- You value agile and modern engineering practices
What you'll do:
- You will collaborate closely with a small team of mobile (Android and iOS) and backend developers as part of the larger team
- You will work closely together with product and design to deliver features
- You will work on user facing, but also non-user facing features in the Spotify Mobile app and integrate them with our backend services (written in Java)
- You will write clear, testable and maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams
- Accurately estimate difficulty and time of work for projects
Full Stack iOS Engineer - Consumer Experience