Full Stack Engineer, PL Network
Remote job description
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet ?" humanity's most important technology ?" as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
About the Protocol Labs Network
The Protocol Labs Network (PLN) is a community of open source teams, projects, and organizations focused on researching, developing, and deploying network protocols to improve humanity's most influential technology, the Internet. The groups are supported by Protocol Labs (PL) through grants and investments ?" think of it as a VC + crypto fund model ?" and are built on top of PL's layer 0 and layer 1 protocols, such as IPFS, IPLD, Filecoin, libp2p, etc. As this ecosystem grows, these projects invest in the network itself, and the network grows along with it, which in turn benefits and incentivizes this ongoing evolution of Web2 to Web3. PLN is made up of 450+ projects, companies, and organizations.
About this Full Stack Software Engineer position
- This Full Stack Software Engineer posting is an exciting opportunity to explore unified engineering roles with similar functional needs at either PL or PLN.
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and resilient distributed applications.
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business.
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors.
- Every hire through this pipeline will attend a 6-week onboarding program, Launchpad, uniquely designed to bridge the knowledge and skills gap between Web2 and Web3.
- The Launchpad program includes a week-long colocation event, where you can build community and learn about projects within the network. We've held Colo Week in Iceland, Amsterdam, Austin, Paris, Palo Alto, and more.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing and building Electron Applications.
- A solid technical design ability informed by broad experience across multiple domains/specialties.
- Leadership experience building and maintaining large-scale systems in production.
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practices.
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration.
- Pragmatic "get it done" attitude and the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience building applications in Go, Rust, or similar languages.
- Experience leading open source projects and/or guiding their communities .
- Security engineering and/or cryptography principles and practices.
- Large-scale systems (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering).
- Experience building a CDN.
- Experience working with IPFS, IPLD, libp2p.
Protocol Labs' mission is to improve humanity's most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you're passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. ("Protocol Labs"), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs' data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs' recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs' behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
Company name: Protocol Labs
Remote job title: Full Stack Engineer, PL Network
Job tags: Full Stack Development, Distributed Systems, Application Development