Full Stack Engineer, Experimentation
Remote job description
There are far too many barriers to doing business online. Stripe was founded to overcome them-to increase the GDP of the Internet-and we think that achieving this is a problem rooted not just in finance, but in creativity of code and design.
Our substantive goal is to craft economic change. We're designing infrastructure, products, surfaces, literature-all to help our users start, run, and grow an online business from anywhere in the world. We're looking for a diverse group of people to join us.
Design is involved in almost everything Stripe does-from our events and brand voice, to our web and mobile products, and even printed publications like Stripe Press. Stripe's main audience is other people who build products; on their behalf we agonize over the details. We want our user experiences to become second nature.
About the Web Presence & Platform team
The Web Presence & Platform (WPP) team at Stripe is a collection of teams encompassing Experiences, Experimentation, and Content Platform. Collectively we are interactive designers, front-end specialists, web strategists, producers, optimizers, platform engineers, and every skill set in-between. We design and build stripe.com and other sites that amount to what is, for many, their first impression of Stripe.
We want to make every pixel count, we want it to be enthralling, and we want to help other Stripes seamlessly benefit from our systematic work.
About the role
As an engineer on the Experimentation team, you'll build out integrations between systems such as our CMS, optimization framework vendors, and our rendering stack. You'll help ensure your partner engineers and designers have a predictable, reliable toolkit for building experiments and measuring their outcomes. You'll work on some of the most venturesome sites and projects on the Internet to help us communicate what Stripe is all about, like stripe.com/billing and stripe.com/connect. You may even work on this jobs board. The frameworks you help build will be used by non-technical partners to allow them to build experiments that are high quality and error-free by default.
You'll architect your work with rendering performance and scalability in mind, and implement abstractions that other engineers consume and build upon. At other times you'll work closely with folks in our Experiences group to scope and implement infrastructure and tooling that helps other people build pages using your code.
- Help shape our content infrastructure to support Stripe.com and other Stripe properties
- Create and evolve an in-house toolkit for best-in-class experimentation on the web
- Write code that wires together our experiment management system, front-end components and content with scale, performance, and metrics in mind
- Help other engineers on the team architect and implement the tools and infrastructure which powers Stripe's go-to-market plans
- [If a remote candidate] Have prior experience as a remote member of a distributed team
We're looking for someone who has:
- A zeal for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a history of high-profile and/or high-traffic websites where you have worked to separate content from layout using techniques like content management or static site builders
- 4+ years of relevant web full-stack or SSR development for marketing websites at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- A demonstrable ability to communicate your software architecture designs using documentation and crisp visualization
- Experience building public facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
You should include these in your application:
- An online portfolio or compendium of example web projects you've built
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
- A short paragraph on why you'll flourish at Stripe
Company name: Stripe
Remote job title: Full Stack Engineer, Experimentation
Job tags: Experimentation, marketing, System Architecture