Full Stack Engineer
Remote job description
Untapped is on a mission to make the world more equitable by broadening access to transformative careers. Untapped is the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Untapped to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience and over 50% of us are from historically underrepresented backgrounds. We're a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual "why" in service to our mission.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested in this role on our team - even if you don't meet all the requirements. Candidates, especially those from historically underrepresented backgrounds, often don't apply for roles if they don't feel they meet all the criteria. Just know your resume isn't getting lost in space, our team is committed to reviewing every application.
Join us in our mission to make the world more equitable by broadening access to transformative careers!
Success for Untapped means providing a delightful experience to customers (employers) and job seekers on the platform. We have two teams who manage these experiences: Recruiter Experience and Candidate Experience. As a full stack engineer on the Candidate Experience pod, you'll work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across design, product, engineering, customer success and marketing.
You will be responsible for executing on our candidate experience strategies. This means resolving bugs that interfere with the job-seeking process and building out new features that save candidates time and better equip them for their next roles. For candidate-side work, this includes scrappier, faster-moving projects with more experiments and MVPs. This will also include contributing to department-level efforts to continually improve performance, quality and test coverage as well as technical SEO.
Our stack consists of a Vue.js frontend, Django / Python backend, Postgres and Redis database management systems, Elasticsearch/Opensearch, Swift iOS app, Kotlin Android app, Klaviyo for emails and AWS/Netlify as our infrastructure.
- Act like an owner, reacting quickly to issues and serving as a source of knowledge for your team
- Proactively identify risks to timely delivery, effectively communicating those and adjusting plans to achieve goals
- Catch issues in pull requests and leave reviews that level up other engineers
- Deliver high quality results, exceeding you and your team's commitments & expectations
- Have a knack for learning and adaptively handling tasks wherever needed
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable, performant full stack infrastructure
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks
- Collaborate with our ML team to build applications that are heavily data-driven
- Contribute to the culture of a growing team through your ideas and passion for engineering
- Take ownership of projects end-to-end: from design through development to production
- Low ego, high EQ engineer, able to work collaboratively no matter the task at hand
- You put customers first, taking a humanistic approach to ensuring all engineering requirements are met in the best way possible for our users
- Be instrumental in the future development of our organization's backend API and infrastructure
What to Bring
- 2+ year of experience in software development, excluding internships
- Some familiarity with Django (or equivalent framework)
- Some familiarity with Vue.js (or equivalent frontend framework)
- Experience developing and shipping performant, scalable applications
- Skill with backend technologies including Python, SQL and Redis (or equivalents)
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience using common IDEs (Pycharm/Webstorm, VSCode, or equivalent)
- Passion for writing clean, well-documented, and reusable code
- Experience with web standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, socket APIs, etc.
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud-based infrastructure preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience
Please create an Untapped profile as part of our application process. This will allow us to learn more about you, as well as give you a chance to interact with our product.
Base Pay: $140,000 - $160,000.
Where you land in that range is dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Untapped provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Eligible positions may be eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan. Additionally, Untapped provides best-in-class Benefits.
What we offer
- We are a remote-first company (US-based only at this time).
- Unlimited PTO (and we mean it!), we encourage our employees to take at least 4 weeks off per year.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents.
- Flexible parental leave.
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not).
- Equity - it's important to us that everyone is an owner and shares our success!
- Quarterly wellness days with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend.
- $325 Remote First Wallet for things such as food, cell phone, internet, office supplies, and co-working spaces
Untapped is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company name: Untapped
Remote job title: Full Stack Engineer
Job tags: Full Stack Development, DNS, VS Code
location or timezone
yearly salary range$140,000 - 160,000
posted68 days ago