Frontend Engineer Product Platform
Remote job description
Personio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. We simplify and automate recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have additional offices in Madrid, London and most recently Dublin. Globally we are home to 600 employees and 3,000 customers. In January 2021 we raised $125 million in 'Series D' funding, led by Index and Meritech. We're rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 100% CEO favourability and 95% would recommend a friend to work here. We are listed by CB Insights as one of '50 Future Unicorns' to watch and by GP Bullhound in their 'Titans of Tech' report as one of the most promising European technology companies to watch. In 2021 we will scale our Dublin office from circa 50 employees towards 200. Come join us!
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Product Platform Tribe is on a mission to enable a better Personio by building out the platform strategy for Personio's product. We are an enablement tribe and strive to create secure, reusable, scalable and extensible capabilities like task management, subscription management, access management, design system and much more. The work that we do enables other teams at Personio to do more by doing less and creates more consistent user experiences for our customers.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Product Platform Tribe journey for Personio.
You will work in an effective, autonomous, cross-functional feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for taking our UX and UI to the next level in close collaboration with designers and product owners, and improving our React/Redux codebase that we run on AWS.
- Your tasks and responsibilities in a nutshell
- Direct contribution to Personio codebase as a frontend engineer, as part of a product team
- Identifying, documenting, and communicating technical improvements within your area of responsibility in the team
- Support in the development and reinforcement of frontend engineering standards and guidelines
- Participating in cross-team engineering initiatives as individual contributor
- Helping with selecting, onboarding, and coaching of junior members of the team
What you need to succeed
- Over 4 years of relevant experience working on fast-scaling and complex systems
- Appreciation towards software craftsmanship, clean code, and SOLID design principles
- Sound experience in performance monitoring and optimization
- Driven by impact. You are eager to create customer value
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented and inspiring people. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- You are business-fluent in English (Level C1/C2)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and pre-IPO equity)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive €1,500 of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip and online events in lieu of Covid-19 restrictions
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension scheme, up to 5% matching contribution
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!
- You can find more information and impressions here: Kununu or Glassdoor
The well-being of our employees is paramount. Although we've recently opened our Dublin office in the City Centre area, all employees are currently working from home, the office or a combination of the two at their discretion due to Covid-19.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.
Apply for this position
Being a Personio means being part of something big. It means shaping the future of HR, the future of our company, and at the very same time: your future. As one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe, we have raised $125 million in 'Series D' funding in January 2021, making Personio the most valuable HR technology company in Europe. We have a great product and a fantastic team that will continue to grow through 2021, from 600 to 1,000. We already have more than 3,500 customers with a market that is only waiting to be developed further, but we aim high: Our goal is to build the leading HR platform in Europe.
At Personio, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?Summary
Frontend Engineer - Product Platform