Front End Engineer
Remote job description
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they're given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further ?100m investment bringing our series C funding to over ?200m and in the process becoming one of Europe's latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
What you'll be doing
- Build a delightful user experience with sleek visual interfaces and easy-to-use flows, as part of one of our product squads
- Advocate for best patterns and practices in the area of architecture choices, performance, and testing
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Design, Data (analyst, scientist, and engineer), and Engineering Leadership, to help break down business requirements into actionable plans
- Show off your code review, debugging, and refactoring skills, taking advantage of every opportunity to improve our codebase
- Seek ways to improve and ensure best practices and guidelines within your squad and the whole engineering team
The ideal candidate will have
- 4+ years of experience working on a popular OSS project, developer platform, highly scalable consumer product, or enterprise SaaS product.
- Good experience with at least one front-end framework such as React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.
- Experience with testing practices (unit testing with Jest, E2E testing with Cypress)
- Experienced in building APIs and client libraries used by multiple engineering teams and have worked with protocols like gRPC, REST or GraphQL.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team (squad), with product managers, designers and fellow engineers, ability to collaborate with product & design to challenge solutions and find the best ones.
- At ease dealing with CI/CD pipelines (Github Actions) and front-end tooling and infrastructure (webpack, Cloudflare, etc...)
- As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions
Company name: Spendesk
Remote job title: Front End Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services