Front End Engineer
Remote job description
ThreatConnect, Inc. provides cybersecurity software that reduces complexity for everyone, makes decision-making easy by turning intelligence into action, and integrates processes and technologies to continually strengthen defenses and drive down risk. Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security leadership, risk, security operations, threat intelligence, and incident response), ThreatConnect's decision and operational support platform is the only solution available today with cyber risk quantification, intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in one. To learn more, please visit www.threatconnect.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, unlimited paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus, and referral program, and team-building outings.
We are looking for an experienced User Interface Engineer to join our team. You'll work alongside like-minded Front-End and Back-End engineers focused on building the products that security teams rely on.
If you are passionate about developing user interfaces and want to help us assist global companies protect themselves from growing cyber threats then continue reading!
We encourage you to apply if you care deeply about and enjoy improving front-end technologies to provide a great experience.
You think of the user first. You believe in a fundamentally user-centered and reality-based approach to UI design. You understand what makes an experience good or bad. On that foundation is where you build the beauty and flair you add to all of your designs.
You are tech-savvy. Technology is your passion; you stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry. You understand the importance of keeping up with the latest technologies and you contribute to the team by sharing your findings.
You are a passionate software engineer. Building quality software is part of your day-to-day work, you strive to always find the best solution. SOLID is not just a fancy acronym - you understand its principles and you can apply it in any piece of software you write.
You are curious. You are willing to learn and immerse yourself in a new market: cyber risk quantification. You enjoy solving mathematical problems across a diverse range of subjects. You have an understanding of probabilities to the point that you can make an informed judgment on if it's worth playing the lottery or not.
You are a team player. You put the interests of the team above your own. You display a positive attitude, and you are open to others' ideas and you can state your case clearly. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are prepared to contribute.
In this role you'll get to...
- Build responsive reusable UI components using TypeScript, HTML, and LESS
- Build Angular services that connect to RESTful APIs
- Build unit tests for the code you write
- Review code written by other team members and other teams
- Contribute ideas to all our Product team-related meetings
- Participate in and contribute to architectural discussions
- Continue to grow and develop new skills
1-3-6-12 Month Plan
In the first month we'll expect you to...
- Onboard and meet the team
- Become familiar with our stack and development processes
- Understand the basics of modern Angular
- Proactively learn the ThreatConnect platform
At 3 months we'll expect you to...
- Have a foundational understanding of the ThreatConnect Platform
- Demonstrate solid time management skills and complete tasks without oversight
- Troubleshoot bugs when provided necessary steps to replicate
At 6 months we'll expect you to...
- Handle development on small to medium-sized new features, with as-needed assistance from other team members
- Contribute ideas and suggestions for improvement
At 12 months we'll expect you to...
- Lead the development of large-sized new features
- Be able to assist mentor/onboard new engineers
- Have a solid understanding of our user personas and anticipate user needs
About the Team
We are a flexible and creative UI team located throughout the US, embracing the values of freedom and responsibility. We work in smaller initiative teams to build out new features. As a larger team, we have defined 5 values we strive for:
- User-Focused: We utilize research to empathize and understand their needs in order to create the best possible user experience.
- Inquisitive: When we ask "Why" every day, it's about learning the purpose behind the things we build. We always aim to learn more always.
- Collaborative: We strive to be respectful, encouraging, and supportive as we freely exchange ideas in and across teams in order to build the best product possible.
- Imaginative: We enjoy exploring possibilities of what could be, as we aim to delight our users in ways they haven't even realized they needed.
- Committed to Quality: The quality of our user interface directly impacts the daily lives of our customers, so we're committed to being detail-oriented, always improving, and staying open to feedback.
- Two or more years experience with modern Front-end development and TypeScript (Angular or React)
- Three or more years experience with HTML, CSS, and/or CSS Preprocessors
- Practical understanding of common design patterns
- Appreciation for design and user interaction
- Experience with version control systems, branching, merging, etc
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and collaborative skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Expert knowledge of Angular 6+
- Knowledge of RxJS and practical understanding of state management
- A portfolio demonstrating skills in both design and development
- Experience with data visualization
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet about 60% of job criteria, women and individuals from marginalized groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes but you're not sure that you check every box, apply anyway!Summary
Company name: ThreatConnect, Inc.
Remote job title: Front End Engineer at Fast-Growing Cybersecurity Company at ThreatConnect, Inc. (allows remote)
Job tags: angularjs, css, html